Mass General for Children
As a pediatric hospital within a leading general hospital, Mass General for Children (MGfC) takes advantage of the most sophisticated technology and research, with world-renowned clinicians throughout all specialties and across the age spectrum. Its focus on family-centered care and ability to transition patients to adult care at Massachusetts General Hospital set us apart. Each year, the MGfC team:
- Oversees more than 230,000 outpatient visits, 13,800 emergency room visits, 3,000 admissions, 3,900 births and 4,000+ surgical procedures.
- Offers more than 100 pediatric programs and services, including extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) transplantation, proton beam therapy services and is designated as a Level 1 trauma center.
- Delivers care at 18 community locations, allowing MGfC staff to work closely with local pediatricians to provide specialized care closer to home.
- Ensures a smooth transition of care for patients between pediatric services at MGfC and adult services at Mass General.
Imagine a future where …
- Early diagnosis and advanced treatment options optimize health and prevent chronic illness, keeping kids healthier and thriving into adulthood.
- Investments in advocacy and public health help reduce health disparities in our diverse communities.
- Innovative research and education fuel improvements in the health of children around the world.
- Education and training launch the next generation of outstanding pediatric clinicians.
Thanks to our unparalleled ability to deliver compassionate, expert care — and to accelerate the translation of research discoveries to clinical care — MGfC is uniquely positioned to bring this future to life.
We’re investing in …
Join us in shaping pediatric health care for the next 200 years. Your support will allow us to meet the changing needs of our pediatric patients, no matter how complex.