A Pivotal Moment
The new Phillip and Susan Ragon Building is the capital cornerstone of The Campaign for Mass General. Located along Cambridge Street, adjacent to the Main MGH Campus, this revolutionary facility is designed to meet the demand for our unparalleled care and services and provide a more comfortable, personalized experience for patients and their families now, and into the future.
The nearly two million-square-foot new building will:
- Feature 482 inpatient rooms, including intensive care units in the two towers.
- Unite comprehensive care services, from a patient’s diagnosis to their recovery and beyond, under one roof for the first time.
- Empower and sustain Mass General as a leader in groundbreaking interdisciplinary research.
The building will open in two phases, expected to be in 2027 and 2030.
The new Phillip and Susan Ragon Building is designed to evolve alongside new technologies, meet ever-growing demand for inclusive patient care and empower Mass General as the global research leader that we are.
The Phillip and Susan Ragon Building will be home to two Mass General Centers of Excellence
- The new Corrigan Minehan Heart Center space will exceptionally facilitate the close partnerships that have evolved over the past decades between cardiology, cardiac surgery, vascular medicine and imaging, which has enabled Mass General to remain a renowned leader in cardiac care.
- The new Cancer Center will provide the space, flexibility and technology needed to keep pace with increasingly rapid advancements in cancer research and care by uniting all of its services — ambulatory care, infusion, inpatient, urgent and ICU care and a pharmacy — under one roof.
Together, Mass General care teams will usher in a new level of patient-centered care. To learn more about how you can help Mass General shape the future of care, please contact us.
“It is an honor and a privilege to have the opportunity to help those who have dedicated their lives to helping others. For more than 200 years, people in desperate situations have been saying to Mass General, ‘Please help me.’ I feel it is now our turn to help the doctors, nurses and staff at Mass General — who are creating the future of health care and advancing the health of the communities they serve — by supporting this new state-of-the-art facility."
-- Phillip Ragon
By the Numbers
Spanning two city blocks, the Phillip and Susan Ragon Building will serve as the new front door to Mass General, capturing the attention of the 40,000 commuters and 30,000 people who will pass by and enter its doors daily.
Double the Space for Clinical Research
including an increase in room for cancer clinical trials and advances in cardiac care.
864 Underground Parking Spaces
for patients and visitors, as well as
More Than 2x The Holistic Space
including two 7,500 sq.-ft. healing gardens
and a 867 sq.-ft. reflection space
Simplifying the Patient Journey
From the first symptoms to the completion of treatment, health care is a journey. But too often, that journey can be fragmented, impersonal and complex. The Phillip and Susan Ragon Building, currently under construction, is designed to simplify the health care journey for patients and their families. As the new home of the Corrigan Minehan Heart Center and the Mass General Cancer Center, the building will unite specialties and services — ensuring a personalized, coordinated and seamless care experience. To provide a sense of this impact, we offer two examples of what a patient journey through our new space might look like.