Founded in 2009, Home Base is a Red Sox Foundation and Massachusetts General Hospital program dedicated to healing the invisible wounds of Veterans of all eras, active Service Members, Military Families and Families of the Fallen.
- We operate the nation’s first and largest private-sector clinic devoted to finding new solutions to providing lifesaving, world-class clinical care for the invisible wounds of war.
- We’ve served more than 25,000 Veterans, Service Members and Family Members from around the world and developed a groundbreaking model of evidence-based care.
- Our research programs drive a stream of new, demonstrably more effective ways of delivering clinical care and wellness.
- We’ve trained more than 80,000 clinicians, educators, first responders and community members to recognize and treat invisible wounds.
Philanthropy funds 85 percent of our operations, and we deliver our services at no out-of-pocket cost to Veterans and Families. With our team’s expertise — and your support — we’ll create a brighter future for all those who defend our freedom and their families.
Imagine a future where …
- Any Veteran or Family Member nationwide who needs mental health support can access Home Base’s programming and services at no cost.
- Home Base’s evidence-based treatment programs become models used by national and international peer institutions.
- Home Base serves as the international leader in training clinicians, educators, first responders and other community members to recognize and treat invisible wounds.
Home Base is well-equipped to act decisively to provide our nation’s heroes with the care they need and deserve.
Home Base Helps Retired General Rebuild Resilience
In 2019, retired U.S. Army Brig. Gen. Ron Welch became one of the first Veterans to participate in Home Base’s new four-day Accelerated Clinical Treatment (ACT) program for post-traumatic stress and trauma.
We’re investing in …
With your support, we’ll continue to develop more effective ways of caring for Veterans, active Service Members and their Families and to expand the reach of our innovative clinical, training and research initiatives.