You are using an unsupported browser. Please use the latest version of Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Edge.
Event Terms and Conditions
The MASSACHUSETTS GENERAL HOSPITAL requires that any persons and organizations, acting on their own behalf, who wish to engage in fundraising activities to benefit the MASSACHUSETTS GENERAL HOSPITAL (“Event Organizing Group”) agree and adhere to the following terms and conditions:
- MASSACHUSETTS GENERAL HOSPITAL staff will review all proposals for individual fundraising events submitted by an Event Organizing Group and will notify the Event Organizing Group by email whether the event has been approved. MASSACHUSETTS GENERAL HOSPITAL staff will review all fundraising page requests from an Event Organizing Group through the BeCause Community Fundraising Program which shall be considered approved unless the Event Organizing Group receives an email from MASSACHUSETTS GENERAL HOSPITAL staff within 2 business days of submission that the request has not been approved. Please note that an Event Organizing Group may not use “MASSACHUSETTS GENERAL HOSPITAL” in the event name.
- Nothing in this Agreement creates a joint venture, partnership, principal-agent, employer-employee or similar relationship between the MASSACHUSETTS GENERAL HOSPITAL and the Event Organizing Group, or any members of the Event Organizing Group. Anyone wishing to enter into such an agreement with the MASSACHUSETTS GENERAL HOSPITAL, to include branding an event or item as MASSACHUSETTS GENERAL HOSPITAL or MASSACHUSETTS GENERAL enter into formal negotiations by contacting the Development Office at 617-726-2200.
- Subject to notification of approval by the MASSACHUSETTS GENERAL HOSPITAL of an Event Organizing Group’s proposal for an individual fundraising event, the MASSACHUSETTS GENERAL HOSPITAL hereby grants the Event Organizing Group a limited, non-exclusive right to use the “Benefiting MASSACHUSETTS GENERAL HOSPITAL®” logo in promotional materials related to the fundraising event. The MASSACHUSETTS GENERAL HOSPITAL reserves the right to refuse or withdraw the use of the MASSACHUSETTS GENERAL HOSPITAL name or marks by an Event Organizing Group at any time.
- The MASSACHUSETTS GENERAL HOSPITAL will receive the event contribution from the Event Organizing Group within 60 days of the completion of the fundraising event.
- The Event Organizing Group represents and warrants that it shall pay all expenses for the proposed fundraising event. Furthermore, if any donations for the fundraising event are being utilized to offset expenses, then checks, credit cards, or money orders MUST be payable to the Event Organizing Group and will not be considered tax-deductible unless the Event Organizing Group is a non-profit and has received tax-exempt status as a 501(c)3 organization under the Internal Revenue Code.
- The Event Organizing Group shall indemnify and hold harmless the MASSACHUSETTS GENERAL HOSPITAL, its trustees, employees, legal representatives or agents from all claims, loss, damage, injury, liability, costs and expenses of whatsoever kind or nature caused by, arising out of, or occurring in connection with a fundraising event, including but not limited to any act or omission to act by the Event Organizing Group. MASSACHUSETTS GENERAL HOSPITAL insurance will not cover any event held by the Event Organizing Group.
- The MASSACHUSETTS GENERAL HOSPITAL abides by the standards set by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. All collateral materials relating to the fundraising event must meet the following standards: (a) state that the MASSACHUSETTS GENERAL HOSPITAL is the benefiting organization; (b) state that more information about MASSACHUSETTS GENERAL HOSPITAL may be found by visiting the website at giving.massgeneral.org or by calling MASSACHUSETTS GENERAL HOSPITAL at 617-726-2200 ; and (c) state the actual or anticipated percent or portion of sales, admission price or other proceeds that will benefit the MASSACHUSETTS GENERAL HOSPITAL .
- This Agreement is binding upon and inures to the benefit of each of the parties hereto and their successors and assigns; provided, however, neither party may assign or transfer (including, without limitation, by operation of law) this Agreement, including the rights and obligation hereunder, without prior written consent of the other party, and any such attempted assignment or transfer shall be null and void.
- An Event Organizing Group conducting any fundraising activities for the MASSACHUSETTS GENERAL HOSPITAL must secure from any persons, groups, or businesses participating in physical activities as a part of a fundraising event a signed Waiver and Release of Liability which shall include the following provisions:
- “In consideration for being permitted to participate in this event, I agree to assume all risks and to release, hold harmless, and covenant not to sue the MASSACHUSETTS GENERAL HOSPITAL, and any designated beneficiaries, sponsors, officials, participating clubs, communities, organizations, friends of the event, and all other government or public entities (“Releasees”) for any claim, loss or liability that I may have arising out of my participation in the event, including bodily injury, death or property damage whether caused by the negligence or carelessness on the part of any of the Releasees or otherwise, including, but not limited to, dangerous or defective property or equipment owned, maintained or controlled by any of them.
- I understand and agree that this Waiver and Release of Liability is binding on my heirs, assigns and legal representatives.
- I have carefully read this Waiver and Release of Liability and fully understand its contents. I am aware that by agreeing to this Waiver and Release of Liability, I am waiving legal rights and discharging the Releasees from any claims, losses or liabilities described herein, and knowing this, I sign it of my own free will.”