you can help mass general respond to the covid-19 pandemic.
You can have the greatest impact by making a gift to our Emergency Response Fund.
Your donation helps us increase testing, acquire adequate medical supplies and provide protective equipment for our frontline staff. It helps our scientists advance research efforts to find an effective treatment or vaccine. It helps subsidize childcare, meals, house and transportation for frontline workers. It helps support vulnerable communities who are suffering the most.
HOW CAN YOU SUPPORT MASS GENERAL DURING COVID-19?
How is Mass General Putting Dollars to Work?
- Development of an in-house testing capability, to meet the needs of our patients and health care workers.
- Purchase of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for health care workers.
- Innovative solutions for device development and production (3D printing for masks for example).
- Support of COVID-19 Hotline for patients, in particular staffing the operation with an adequate number of interpreters to help non-English speaking patients access information.
- Enhancement of telemedicine capabilities, to ensure patients have a reasonable alternative to physically visiting the hospital, thereby averting possible exposure to the virus.
- Subsidization of childcare costs for essential hospital employees, whose children are home due to school closures.
Thank You to our COVID-19 Donors
Since Mass General began its COVID-19 readiness and response efforts, our philanthropic community has supported our every move. Donors have put their trust in our expertise, our legacy of leadership, innovation and most importantly, our compassionate care. It is because of that support that we can continue to respond to the pandemic effectively and thoughtfully.
Thank You to our COVID-19 In-Kind Donors
Since the COVID-19 outbreak began, individuals, small businesses, corporations, nonprofits and community groups have been overwhelmingly generous to Mass General. There has been an outpouring of in-kind support from across the city, throughout the region and around the world. From coffee to cupcakes, N95 masks to sports apparel, fresh produce to prepared meals and so much more, our incredible teams on the frontlines are truly humbled by the kindness of community. Thank you to all who have donated goods and/or services, as we continue to respond to the pandemic.
Please know that we are making every effort to list all in-kind donors below. We apologize in advance if we have inadvertently left off any donor names as we strive to track the steady influx of donations across the hospital. If you do not see your name listed, or if you have edits to your listing, please let us know. Thank you.
“In 1810, Mass General’s founders declared that, “when in distress, every man becomes our neighbor.” In the last few weeks, we’ve seen firsthand that our community in 2020 has no boundaries. With the rapid spread of the virus, the world has never seemed smaller and more connected.”
Peter L. Slavin, MD
President, Mass General