Join us in celebrating BeCause fundraisers who are making a difference.
Stories from the Community
Meet a few of the BeCause fundraisers who inspire us every day.
- Lisa Sisco looks closely at cell samples with Nabeel Bardeesy, PhD, during a tour of the lab.Bracelet Sales Fund Cholangiocarcinoma Research
- Caring For A Cure co-directors from left, Laura White, RN, Sara Stevens, NP, Molly Higgins, RN, and Christine Weiand, RN. (Photo by Hillary Deane Photography)Caring For A Cure Enriches Lives. Period.
- Benjamin Metsch (center), with his parents, Renee Metsch and David Metsch, held a basketball tournament to raise money for breast cancer research at Mass General.Teenager Raises Funds for Breast Cancer Research
- Athi Myint-U and Steven Isakoff, MD, PhD, hit the dance floor at Athi's Hair Raising 80s Dance Party fundraiser, where more than $10K was raised for the scalp cooling program at Massachusetts General Hospital. Photo: Amanda KowalskiA Hair-Raising Attempt to Support Patients with Cancer
- Members of Mass General’s BeCause fundraising community came together for the 10th Annual Toast to Our Fundraising Community event on May 9, 2019.Mass General Celebrates BeCause Fundraising Community
- Pediatric Palliative Care's Patricia O'Malley, MD, frequently looked in on Lulu Eugene, who spent nearly a year of early life in MassGeneral Hospital for Children.Fund Helps Parents Be with Their Hospitalized Child
- Participants in the charity ride (back row, from left) Douglas Tulman, Justin Tulman, Wendy Tulman, Emily Katz, Kay Liscomb, (front row, from left) Rebecca Tulman, Maren Nyer, PhD, David Mischoulon, MD, PhD.Family and Friends Spin for Depression Program
- Caitlin and Rich Hill, with their son Brice, are happySeason of Hope
to support the work of David Sweetser, MD, PhD
(center, wearing tie), who helped
solve their family’s genetic mystery.
- Nora Murphy and a group of volunteers are raising money to support Mass General research that could lead to an early, lifesaving test for ovarian cancer.Teacher with Ovarian Cancer Raises Funds for Early Detection
- The Boston Bolts are raising awareness of sports concussion and supporting research at Massachusetts General Hospital for Children.Soccer Club Makes Sports Concussion Its Cause
- Elana Sargent presents a check for $1,500 to her father's neuro-oncologist, Dr. Tracy Batchelor, for glioblastoma research.Young Philanthropist Raises Funds for Brain Tumor Research
- From left, Chris and Stephanie Moschella and Julie and Kevin Joyce organize annual croquet tournaments to benefit pediatric epilepsy.Community Fundraisers Support Pediatric Epilepsy
- Kurt Power, a former Home Base patient and organizer of the No-Shave November campaign, spoke at A Toast to Our Fundraising Community.Mass General Gives a Toast to Its Fundraising Community
- Fred Young (left) was intuitive about people's needs and was always there for, among others, his daughter, Sarah (center) and his wife, Joy Stocke-Young (right).Cancer Patient’s Determination Lives on in Research
- Caroline, Margot, Thomas and Kirsten Vaughan together last summer.Mastercard Dances for ALS Research
- Palliative care was invaluable to Dan Moran Sr. (back row, far right) and his family: (back row, from left) daughter-in-law Marie Moran, son Daniel Moran II, daughter Katie Moran Ellis and wife Fran, (front row, from left) grandchildren Makayla Ellis, Gracie Moran and Zachary Ellis.Son Supports Palliative Care in Dad’s Memory
- Mass General Launches New Community Fundraising Program
- Joy Greene, a member of Mass General's fundraising community, shared the story behind her campaign supporting the Division of Burns.Mass General Celebrates Its Fundraising Community
- Judy Lipson skates in honor of her sisters and continues her family's long-term support for the John D. Stoeckle Center for Primary Care at Mass General.Family Legacy Supports Primary Care
- From left, Kitty Tetreault with Olympic swimmers Carlton Bruner, Kristy Kowal, Janel Jorgensen McArdle and Heather Petri.Swimmer Devoted to Pediatric Cancer Research
- Devyn Casey (center) her grandmother Caryn Casey, left, and oncologist Lecia Sequist, MD, MPH, join to support lung cancer research.Girl Starts Amazing Race for Lung Cancer Research
- The annual basketball event organized by Bob Forlenza has been raising funds to fight autism for 17 years.Grateful Dad Uses Basketball to Fight Autism
- A Celebration to Support Patients and Families
- Running to Raise Funds for Lymphedema Research
- Community fundraising can make a meaningful difference in the lives of others.MGH Community Fundraising Has Enduring Impact
- Katie and Noah BrandtFundraiser Pushes Back Against Rare Brain Disease
- Maggie Berry (at right) participates in the art and music therapy program she founded for children in a cancer clinic in Uganda.Music Therapy Helps Hospitalized Kids in Uganda
- The Doherty family (from the left): mother Terry, sisters Rosie and Elizabeth and father MichaelExceptional Patient Runs Against Pediatric Epilepsy
- Polo Match Supports Innovative Vaccine Research
- While visiting medical clinics in Uganda, Catherine, Lisa and James Mooney (left to right) witnessed the need for more healthcare resources.Teenager Helps African Children with Cancer
- Making Tracks for Celiacs is an annual fundraising event, which is organized and managed by the Center for Celiac Research & Treatment at Massachusetts General Hospital.Walk or Run to Support Center for Celiac Research
- A Ride to Conquer Cancer
Learn about upcoming BeCause events, campaigns and other fundraisers that are creating a buzz.
Fundraising Community stories are currently unavailable.