Thank you for your interest in joining the Mass General Marathon Team. Unfortunately we are no longer accepting applications from applicants that are not qualified runners with a bib number. Please contact Ashley Bronson should you have any questions.
If accepted as a Mass General Marathon Team individual, you must commit to a fundraising minimum of $5,000 (if you need a BAA bib #) or a $1,000 fundraising minimum (if you have a registered 2014 BAA Bib #).
There is no fee to apply. We will ask you to provide Massachusetts General Hospital with your credit card information to guarantee your fundraising minimum. Runners must be at least 18 years of age.
As a member of the Mass General Marathon Team, you will be responsible for:
- Mass General Registration Fee —$100
- Boston Athletic Association Fee — $325
- Fundraising commitment for individual charity runners — $5,000 or more
- Fundraising commitment for runners who have a registered BAA bib # — $1,000
- Personalized fundraising webpage to collect donations for you or your group
- Fundraising incentive prizes
Leading Up to the Race
- Team meetings to help with fundraising, nutrition, training, team building and marathon-day logistics
- E-newsletters that cover fundraising, corporate matching-gift opportunities, training, nutrition and more
- Mass General Sports Performance concierge phone line for questions on training and runner injuries
- Weekend team-training runs
- Team uniform (runner singlet) and T-shirt
- “Marathon Eve” pasta dinner at the Seaport Boston Hotel
- Private transportation from Mass General to the starting line in Hopkinton
- Private, heated team “warm-up” tent near the starting line (includes snacks, beverages, entertainment, private toilets and more)
- Designated cheering/gathering spot at mile 20 (near the beginning of Heartbreak Hill) for family and friends
- Team meeting location at the finish line in Boston along with access to a nearby gym for showering
Thank-you dinner party in May
By choosing to run for Mass General, you will be running to raise funds in support of the Pediatric Hematology-Oncology Department at MassGeneral Hospital for Children.