When you become a member of the Mass General Research Institute Alliance, you have an unprecedented opportunity to join a community of people who are changing the future of medicine by supporting research at Massachusetts General Hospital.
Your membership in the Alliance means you will help accelerate the discovery of high-risk, high-reward solutions to some of the world’s most challenging medical mysteries. Your annual gift will support outstanding scientists who are asking the most pressing scientific questions of our time.
“Research is critical to develop better treatments for patients. Mass General’s leadership in basic science goes hand in hand with their mission of delivering the best care for patients.”
– Robert Tepper, MD, Strategic Alliances Committee Member, Mass General Research Institute Advisory Council
It is discoveries in science that will provide the foundation for new tools, new drugs and new medical procedures. Many pioneering medical discoveries now considered routine grew out of Mass General research studies that defied conventional thinking – the kind of thinking your Alliance gift will nurture.
For example, all of these achievements happened at Mass General:
- The first demonstrated use of general anesthesia during surgery
- A vaccine for tuberculosis
- The modern PET scan
- A 3D model of Alzheimer’s disease in a dish
Your gift will enable more discoveries like these by:
- Providing resources for young scientists to test their most unconventional ideas
- Helping scientists turn research discoveries into new therapies and improved patient care
- Supporting programs that teach scientists how to communicate the impact of their work
Alliance members know that investing in research through the Mass General Research Institute will lead to discoveries that improve, extend and save human lives. Friends of the Alliance make gifts of any amount to fuel scientific discovery and medical progress.
As ambassadors for the Research Institute, Alliance members forge new relationships in the business and scientific communities and are the first to learn about the most exciting developments in medicine.
Your membership in one of the Institute’s three giving levels can include:
- Tours of research facilities, including laboratories and scientific centers
- Individual meetings with scientists
- Guided “field trips” to scientific and cultural organizations
- Other special events hosted by Mass General Hospital
Memberships are available at three levels:
Includes early access to breaking research news and updates, special event invitations and acknowledgment of your support in electronic and print publications.
Includes Connector opportunities, as well as a personalized Mass General research curriculum and introduction to the Research Institute’s leading scientists in the areas of most interest to you.
Includes Connector and Catalyst opportunities, as well as an invitation to a private dinner hosted by the Scientific Director of the Research Institute and leading scientists in the areas of most interest to you.
As a member of the Alliance, you are our partner in enabling scientists to save lives and make discoveries that improve medicine.
For more information or questions about supporting research at Mass General contact:
Senior Director of Development