You are using an unsupported browser. Please use the latest version of Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Edge.
Volunteer Opportunities with United Way
- Translation Roster | United Way is in the process of building out a roster of volunteers to reach out to when there are translating needs at United Way. Translators would be contacted for tasks ranging from serving as a translator at an event (virtual or in-person) to translating a document. Volunteers can sign up to join this roster by submitting a response to this survey.
- All About STEM | United Way has two unique ways to share your STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) knowledge with middle and high school students:
- STEM Bites: A fun and quick way for STEM professionals to connect with middle and high school students virtually and share your expertise on one STEM practice, skill, or concept. These “bite-sized” presentations can last 5-15 minutes. Sign up!
- STEM Chats: These 20-30 minute virtual dialogues between STEM professionals and students are intended to help young people learn about STEM jobs and career pathways. Professionals share information about their educational background, skills, experience and career trajectory. BoSTEM trains volunteers on how to mentor students, provides example formats for interacting virtually, and can moderate sessions to facilitate dialogue. Sign up!
- Other Volunteer Opportunities | Check out United Way’s Volunteer HQ page for more opportunities to get involved.