If you’ve already qualified for the 2015 Boston Marathon ©, how can you make your experience even more satisfying and meaningful? By joining the Mass General Marathon Team, Fighting Kids’ Cancer … One Step at a Time.
Being on our team gives you the best of both worlds: You’ll be putting your energy into an outstanding cause and receive first-class support throughout your marathon training and come race day.
Help Fight Kids’ Cancer
The Mass General Marathon Team supports the Division of Pediatric Hematology & Oncology at MassGeneral Hospital for Children (MGHfC).
Since 1998, our team has raised nearly $9 million, allowing MGHfC to:
- Conduct innovative research that deepens the understanding of childhood cancer and advances new treatments that improve quality and longevity of life
- Expand its roster of pediatric cancer programs, including parent, teen and sibling support groups
- Offer art and music therapy for patients during their clinic visits
Last year, our team of 107 runners raised more than $900,000. In 2015, we’re aiming for $1 million — and you can help us get there!
“I’m proud to be associated with Mass General; it’s one of the greatest hospitals in the world. When you tell people you’re running to help Mass General fight kids’ cancer, it makes fundraising that much easier.”– Mick Brown, who has run with our team for three straight years
The Power of Teamwork
Running for Mass General means being part of an amazing team. It starts with your teammates: 100+ runners bound by a desire not only to conquer the 26.2-mile course, but also to beat childhood cancer. You’ll have the chance to bond with one another during weekend training runs and social activities.
Leading up to the race:
- Dedicated Mass General staff are available to answer your questions and address logistical issues
- Team meetings cover fundraising, nutrition, training, team building and marathon day information
- We send e-newsletters with useful hints on fundraising, corporate matching gift opportunities, training and nutrition
On race day:
- We transport you from Mass General to the starting line, where we host a tent with snacks, beverages, entertainment and personal assistance for last-minute issues
- We also host a tent near the beginning of Heartbreak Hill, where families, friends and patient partners gather to cheer on our runners
- We provide access to a gym near the finish line where you can shower and get dressed post-marathon
An Unforgettable Experience Awaits
In light of April’s tragic attack, the 2015 Boston Marathon © will be a memorable event. Please take this opportunity to run with the Mass General Marathon Team. You’ll have a great time while playing your part in defeating kids’ cancer. Thank you.