Boston Marathon © registration begins in September. If you’re looking to run for a charity, we hope you’ll join the Mass General Marathon Team, Fighting Kids’ Cancer … One Step at a Time.
Boston Marathon © fundraising with our team gives you the best of both worlds: You’ll be running for an outstanding charity and receive first-class support throughout your marathon training and come race day.
Help Fight Kids’ Cancer
The Mass General Marathon Team supports the Division of Pediatric Hematology & Oncology at MassGeneral Hospital for Children (MGHfC).
Since 1998, our team has raised nearly $9 million, allowing MGHfC to:
- Conduct innovative research that deepens the understanding of childhood cancer and advances new treatments that improve quality and longevity of life
- Expand its roster of pediatric cancer programs, including parent, teen and sibling support groups
- Offer art and music therapy for patients during their clinic visits
Last year, Mass General had 107 people run the Boston Marathon © for charity. Ourteam raised more than $900,000. For the 2014 Boston Marathon ©, we’re aiming for $1 million — and you can help us get there by completing a Boston Marathon registration today!
Charity and the Power of Teamwork
Chosing Mass General as your charity means being part of an amazing team. It starts with your fellow Boston Marathon © runners: 100+ passionate people bound by a desire not only to conquer the 26.2-mile course, but also to beat childhood cancer. You’ll have the chance to bond with one another during weekend training runs and social activities.
Leading up to the race:
- Experienced Mass General staff are available to answer your questions and address logistical issues
- Team meetings cover fundraising, nutrition, training, team building and marathon day information
- We send e-newsletters with useful hints on fundraising, corporate matching gift opportunities, marathon training and nutrition
On race day:
- We transport you from Mass General to the starting line, where we host a tent with snacks, beverages, entertainment and personal assistance for last-minute issues
- We also host a tent near the beginning of Heartbreak Hill, where families, friends and patient partners gather to cheer on our Boston Marathon runners
- We provide access to a gym near the finish line where you can shower and get dressed post-marathon
2014 Boston Marathon © Registration: An Unforgettable Experience Awaits
Don’t miss this opportunity to complete a 2014 Boston Marathon © registration to run for charity. As a member of the Mass General team, you’ll get to run a legendary race while playing your part in defeating kids’ cancer. Please join us.